"Disease X" pandemic can be 20 times worse than Covid

Discussion Of All Legal Topics Anything Goes, No Personal Information or Attacks.
Trading, Buying, Selling Links, Traffic, Domains, Websites Go Here.
Looking for Work or Hiring Employees or Independent Contractors Post Here.
Sponsor Announcement & News
pornmafia
Posts: 926
Joined: March 4th, 2018, 12:14 pm

"Disease X" pandemic can be 20 times worse than Covid

#1

Post by pornmafia » January 21st, 2024, 7:31 am

What is he talking about they are predicting a pandemic which could be 20 times worse than Covid was and the virus has not been identified?

https://www.foxnews.com/world/who-direc ... -disease-x

"World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus has called on countries to sign on to the health organization’s pandemic treaty so the world can prepare for "Disease X."

Ghebreyesus, speaking in front of an audience at the World Economic Forum in Davos on Wednesday, said that he hoped countries would reach a pandemic agreement by May to address this "common enemy."

Disease X is a hypothetical "placeholder" virus that has not yet been formed, but scientists say it could be 20 times deadlier than COVID-19. It was added to the WHO’s short list of pathogens for research in 2017 that could cause a "serious international epidemic," according to a 2022 WHO press release."




User avatar
TheButcher
Posts: 12205
Joined: February 2nd, 2018, 11:48 am
Title: I like weekends
Referrals: 1
Contact:

#2

Post by TheButcher » January 21st, 2024, 10:02 am

Here comes mask and vaccine mandates all over again

User avatar
tacnet
Posts: 1775
Joined: February 22nd, 2019, 7:21 pm
Referrals: 2
Contact:

#3

Post by tacnet » January 22nd, 2024, 3:01 am

There is some logic to that. Humans are more susceptible to a pandemic than any other species on the planet for 3 basic reasons :-
  • There's BILLIONS of us so a virus would never run out of potential hosts
  • We travel globally and can spread a virus faster than any other species. Just look how quick covid spread round the globe
  • We have very little genetic diversity. Everybody outside of Africa can trace their origins back to a group of around 2000 indiviudals that left Africa thousands of years ago. So if a virus can kill one of us, then there's a good chance it could kill millions of us
All it needs is something as contagious as covid but as deadly as SARS and we are looking at a death toll of 100 million plus

LovinLife
Posts: 52
Joined: March 20th, 2023, 3:48 pm

#4

Post by LovinLife » January 22nd, 2024, 6:24 am

Page me when it happens until then I have things to do




webcamhostess
Posts: 721
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 4:38 pm
Title: cum on cams

#5

Post by webcamhostess » January 23rd, 2024, 6:15 am

How do they know the next pandemic will be 20 times deadlier than covid-19?




User avatar
tacnet
Posts: 1775
Joined: February 22nd, 2019, 7:21 pm
Referrals: 2
Contact:

#6

Post by tacnet » January 23rd, 2024, 9:25 am

webcamhostess wrote:
January 23rd, 2024, 6:15 am
How do they know the next pandemic will be 20 times deadlier than covid-19?
Since the year 2000, we have seen a total of three outbreaks by members of the coronavirus family. Although the first two outbreaks (SARS and MERS) did not result in a pandemic, the third (SARS-CoV-2 or Covid-19) culminated in a pandemic.

Roughly speaking SARS & MERS had a mortality rate of around 34.4% whereas Covid-19 had a mortality rate of 2.13% which later dropped to around 0.01% with the omicron variant

In other words, both SARS and MERS were 15 - 20 times more deadly than Covid-19 but thankfully they weren't as infectious

If the next outbreak is as infectious as Covid-19 and has a mortality rate nearer to that of SARS and MERS then we are in trouble


https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8930171/

NSWDave
Posts: 463
Joined: September 11th, 2021, 8:31 pm

#7

Post by NSWDave » January 24th, 2024, 6:42 am

Viruses are hard to manage with bacterial infections you take some antibiotics and it clears them up.




Jag
Posts: 4167
Joined: February 15th, 2018, 9:51 am
Title: From Malta with love
Referrals: 1

#8

Post by Jag » January 25th, 2024, 4:44 am

Will we ever see the end of covid and be rid of this
From Malta with love and sunshine

User avatar
Russ
Posts: 766
Joined: March 4th, 2018, 7:44 am

#9

Post by Russ » January 26th, 2024, 5:22 pm

It's good news for drug makers




User avatar
BrasSmonkey
Posts: 6007
Joined: February 28th, 2018, 6:31 pm
Title: Smell My Sack
Referrals: 1
Contact:

#10

Post by BrasSmonkey » January 26th, 2024, 5:53 pm

3xwe21 what kind of retard says 20 times? you would beyond dead! like a bolt of lightning dead. there are viruses that can kill u within 24 hrs...




User avatar
tacnet
Posts: 1775
Joined: February 22nd, 2019, 7:21 pm
Referrals: 2
Contact:

#11

Post by tacnet » January 26th, 2024, 7:27 pm

BrasSmonkey wrote:
January 26th, 2024, 5:53 pm
3xwe21 what kind of retard says 20 times? you would beyond dead! like a bolt of lightning dead. there are viruses that can kill u within 24 hrs...
You dont understand. Covid infected around 700 million people and killed around 7 million of them (mortality rate of around 0.01%). A virus as infectious as covid but 20 times worse would kill around 140 million people (mortality rate of around 0.2%)

Both SARs and MERs have have the potential to kill that many people but thankfully they were not as infectious as covid.

We might not be so lucky with the next coronavirus outbreak and one thing we can be sure of is that there WILL be another outbreak. There's been 3 in the last 20 years

User avatar
BrasSmonkey
Posts: 6007
Joined: February 28th, 2018, 6:31 pm
Title: Smell My Sack
Referrals: 1
Contact:

#12

Post by BrasSmonkey » January 26th, 2024, 8:52 pm

tacnet wrote:
January 26th, 2024, 7:27 pm
BrasSmonkey wrote:
January 26th, 2024, 5:53 pm
3xwe21 what kind of retard says 20 times? you would beyond dead! like a bolt of lightning dead. there are viruses that can kill u within 24 hrs...
You dont understand. Covid infected around 700 million people and killed around 7 million of them (mortality rate of around 0.01%). A virus as infectious as covid but 20 times worse would kill around 140 million people (mortality rate of around 0.2%)

Both SARs and MERs have have the potential to kill that many people but thankfully they were not as infectious as covid.

We might not be so lucky with the next coronavirus outbreak and one thing we can be sure of is that there WILL be another outbreak. There's been 3 in the last 20 years
it sounds like they are trying to control things through fear. now government officials put money in their covid care companies.




alsporn
Posts: 305
Joined: May 12th, 2018, 4:35 pm

#13

Post by alsporn » January 27th, 2024, 9:22 am

Who ever expected Covid -19 back in 2019 the headline is big so people start preparing for the next pandemic. Being prepared beats waking with no plan to survive another major out break.




User avatar
tacnet
Posts: 1775
Joined: February 22nd, 2019, 7:21 pm
Referrals: 2
Contact:

#14

Post by tacnet » January 27th, 2024, 11:25 am

BrasSmonkey wrote:
January 26th, 2024, 8:52 pm
tacnet wrote:
January 26th, 2024, 7:27 pm
BrasSmonkey wrote:
January 26th, 2024, 5:53 pm
3xwe21 what kind of retard says 20 times? you would beyond dead! like a bolt of lightning dead. there are viruses that can kill u within 24 hrs...
You dont understand. Covid infected around 700 million people and killed around 7 million of them (mortality rate of around 0.01%). A virus as infectious as covid but 20 times worse would kill around 140 million people (mortality rate of around 0.2%)

Both SARs and MERs have have the potential to kill that many people but thankfully they were not as infectious as covid.

We might not be so lucky with the next coronavirus outbreak and one thing we can be sure of is that there WILL be another outbreak. There's been 3 in the last 20 years
it sounds like they are trying to control things through fear. now government officials put money in their covid care companies.
Geez not another conspiracy theory ?????

User avatar
BrasSmonkey
Posts: 6007
Joined: February 28th, 2018, 6:31 pm
Title: Smell My Sack
Referrals: 1
Contact:

#15

Post by BrasSmonkey » January 27th, 2024, 2:18 pm

tacnet wrote:
January 27th, 2024, 11:25 am
BrasSmonkey wrote:
January 26th, 2024, 8:52 pm
tacnet wrote:
January 26th, 2024, 7:27 pm


You dont understand. Covid infected around 700 million people and killed around 7 million of them (mortality rate of around 0.01%). A virus as infectious as covid but 20 times worse would kill around 140 million people (mortality rate of around 0.2%)

Both SARs and MERs have have the potential to kill that many people but thankfully they were not as infectious as covid.

We might not be so lucky with the next coronavirus outbreak and one thing we can be sure of is that there WILL be another outbreak. There's been 3 in the last 20 years
it sounds like they are trying to control things through fear. now government officials put money in their covid care companies.
Geez not another conspiracy theory ?????
no it's not! it's always antisemitism or conspiracy. can i say what i think they are doing? i never said it was true!!!! do u see me trying to bother you? ex. dick cheney... Halliburton he owned as vice pres. he profited from war! sending people to war was like printing money. you are sure as shit there are people trying to find the truth. do you remember when the fda lied about eggs? when they approved olestra? google that.




"Disease X" pandemic can be 20 times worse than Covid

Post Reply