Trade Expert

Discussion Of All Legal Topics Anything Goes, No Personal Information or Attacks.
Trading, Buying, Selling Links, Traffic, Domains, Websites Go Here.
Looking for Work or Hiring Employees or Independent Contractors Post Here.
Sponsor Announcement & News
tacnet
Referrals: 3

Trade Expert

Post by tacnet » November 30th, 2022, 1:32 am

Has anybody got Trade Expert running with PHP 8.x ??

I know they support PHP 7.4 but thats gone EOL now and it looks like they've given up developing or supporting it. Their forum is full of unanswered support requests

We are in the process of upgrading our servers and I'd rather not be installing EOL software if I can help it

Or can anybody suggest an alternative ??

TheButcher
Title: I like weekends
Referrals: 1

Post by TheButcher » November 30th, 2022, 7:28 am

The latest version they released was for PHP v7.4 and that was in May 2021. I have Ace and Alex on icq I'll ask them see what they say get back.

jlinkz

Post by jlinkz » November 30th, 2022, 8:27 am

The support has always been slow as snails on ice, but they do get back to you eventually. What really messed this thing up was the price. Most small webmasters could not or would not pay $485 for the friggin license.I told Ace years ago to give it for free and charge a monthly subscription of say $9.99 where everyone could afford and pay it. No one will think twice about $9.99 a month and once their traffic started growing they would not dump the script, in the long run TE would make lots more money and a lot more traders would still be around.

tacnet

Post by tacnet » November 30th, 2022, 2:14 pm

jlinkz wrote:
November 30th, 2022, 8:27 am
The support has always been slow as snails on ice, but they do get back to you eventually. What really messed this thing up was the price. Most small webmasters could not or would not pay $485 for the friggin license.I told Ace years ago to give it for free and charge a monthly subscription of say $9.99 where everyone could afford and pay it. No one will think twice about $9.99 a month and once their traffic started growing they would not dump the script, in the long run TE would make lots more money and a lot more traders would still be around.
You know what, Ive been telling them the EXACT same thing for years too. I even did a post on their forum the other day about it http://forum.tradeexpert.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=796

I bought 2 licenses a few years back and they've not had a penny out of me since. they could be making a fortune if only they would switch to a monthly subscription.

BrasSmonkey
Title: Smell My Sack

Post by BrasSmonkey » November 30th, 2022, 2:21 pm

tacnet wrote:
November 30th, 2022, 2:14 pm
jlinkz wrote:
November 30th, 2022, 8:27 am
You know what, Ive been telling them the EXACT same thing for years too. I even did a post on their forum the other day about it http://forum.tradeexpert.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=796

I bought 2 licenses a few years back and they've not had a penny out of me since. they could be making a fortune if only they would switch to a monthly subscription.
people don't get into trading anymore. have you tried running it and came across errors? can a brotha get sum link juice? email me

GRXlinks

Post by GRXlinks » November 30th, 2022, 3:16 pm

Think the owner is Ukrainian or Russian from the way his English was when I dealt with him, not updated for a while,such a shame. I have the free version but finding trades is why I stopped wasting time. maybe some one can contact him (hopefully he replies to them) work out a deal to take over the script update and put it out there with some half ass decent support. The support always was below par.

tacnet

Post by tacnet » November 30th, 2022, 4:06 pm

We are happy to accept trades from people we know and trust but you've got to be able to send back at least 5 or 10 hits a day otherwise you will just drop off the list almost immediately

We have cleared out a lot of our bot traffic but we still have around 15 - 20k a day from trades we have built up over the years

Email me if anybody wants to set something up

tacnet

Post by tacnet » November 30th, 2022, 7:51 pm

TheButcher wrote:
November 30th, 2022, 7:28 am
The latest version they released was for PHP v7.4 and that was in May 2021. I have Ace and Alex on icq I'll ask them see what they say get back.
I just checked and neither Alex or Ace have been on ICQ for a while

Ive dropped them an email with a link to this post. I hope they'll consider the monthly billing thing because it seems such a shame to have to ditch a great product and they could be making a fortune out of it

Ive offered to do the billing for them through our merchant account

TheButcher

Post by TheButcher » November 30th, 2022, 8:14 pm

tacnet wrote:
November 30th, 2022, 7:51 pm
TheButcher wrote:
November 30th, 2022, 7:28 am
I just checked and neither Alex or Ace have been on ICQ for a while

Ive dropped them an email with a link to this post. I hope they'll consider the monthly billing thing because it seems such a shame to have to ditch a great product and they could be making a fortune out of it

Ive offered to do the billing for them through our merchant account

I noticed when I sent them a message this morning that they had not been on ICQ for a while. Hope they get back to you boss.

nudelinks

Post by nudelinks » December 1st, 2022, 8:26 am

Lights have been on but no one is home for a while.

TheButcher

Post by TheButcher » December 2nd, 2022, 8:39 am

No reply from either of them to my icq or emails, not a good sign.

Emil

Post by Emil » December 3rd, 2022, 7:38 pm

Support in every thing and they sorely lack any type of support, fuck TE.

born2bewild
Title: work hard play hard

Post by born2bewild » December 4th, 2022, 5:16 pm

You think he'll sell the script so someone can be more proactive in updating and supporting it?

HeelMike
Title: Heels make me horny

Post by HeelMike » December 7th, 2022, 8:32 am

Still waiting for a reply from Alex,been 16 days.What happened to him?

3ric

Post by 3ric » December 8th, 2022, 6:09 am

A great example of how not to try make money selling a script,aka not being around to take care of pre-sale questions.

Trade Expert