what if the bible is for real

Discussion Of Everything Legal Is Good
ZR1

Re: what if the bible is for real

Post by ZR1 » March 13th, 2019, 10:00 am

It's the best selling book of all time , if that counts for anything.

Kev

Post by Kev » March 14th, 2019, 1:15 am

ZR1 wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 10:00 am
It's the best selling book of all time , if that counts for anything.
What does that have to do. With it being true.

AndyR

Post by AndyR » March 14th, 2019, 12:58 pm

snapsuch wrote:
March 12th, 2019, 11:01 am
How many of you own or have read it?
At this moment in time no I do not have a Bible... yes I have read one and also read the Koran... along with many others... the story is all pretty much the same just change the names and a few circumstances and there you have it....
So what the fuck do you believe ? it would all be classed as fake news if they had Internet back then lol

I am not anti religion, I have my own beliefs and that is not for discussion here.

BHT

Post by BHT » March 14th, 2019, 7:21 pm

AndyR wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 12:58 pm
snapsuch wrote:
At this moment in time no I do not have a Bible... yes I have read one and also read the Koran... along with many others... the story is all pretty much the same just change the names and a few circumstances and there you have it....
So what the fuck do you believe ? it would all be classed as fake news if they had Internet back then lol

I am not anti religion, I have my own beliefs and that is not for discussion here.
It is fake news

gotonudecom
Referrals: 4

Post by gotonudecom » March 14th, 2019, 8:46 pm

TheButcher wrote:
March 9th, 2019, 3:25 pm
Not to offend you or anyone , I am an atheist and believe in scientific facts. The Bible is a fiction not for real. My thoughts on the topic and here is why.

There is no way a child can be born unless an egg is fertilized by a sperm.
This story about Eve being created from Adam's rib is bs.
Next if Adam and eve by definition shared the same genes, all the offspring would be related, guess what happens when siblings mate, they produce genetically messed up offspring, so the human population would have died from deformities before they reproduce.
How dd Jesus die on the cross and a few days later disappear.
Why is Jesus always portrayed as a blond hair blue eyed guy, if he was born in the middle east the people there would be dark haired and dark skinned.
Ho did Noah build an ark and out a make and female of each species into it, what did this guy build an aircraft carrier, and feed all these competing animals on the thing.
Carbon dating has determined the earth is 4.5 billion plus years old, not according to the Bible.
The Bible is full of contradictions.
How often do our scientist contradict themselves?

Sorry to burst your bubble : )

Scientist have proven that a lot of the information in the Bible is fact. Scientist also prove quite often that they themselves are wrong.
I recently watched a documentary about a new Pyramid found in 2006 (I believe) that was carbon dated to be at least 34000 years old.
Most people think there are 3 pyramids. There are hundreds of pyramids. Very few people know all the facts.

The Bible is an ancient collections of documents that in their original form are very accurate. This has been proven over and over again. The main stream media and powers that be just don't want you to know this. Divide and conquer. I won't get into how bad the religious zealots screw up sharing their own message and/or use it to gain control over their followers.
The issue/s is people/scientist attempting to purposely falsify their evidence against the Bible, the people/scientist that are to ignorant to do the research in the first place and then the religious zealots that probably have never read any version of the Bible and are just repeating what they think they hears another zealot saying.

A child can be born with out sperm or an egg. Ever hear of cloning? :) or technology beyond our knowledge.

As for Eve and Adam, when you study the errors in translation you learn that while this statement might not be accurate, it is a good representation of language used for the ignorant people thousands of years ago to understand, cloning or technology beyond our knowledge. Men do have one less rib.
As far as when siblings mate, No, that is also inaccurate. Royalty inbred for decades. In fact, inbreeding can cause improvements, when done correctly. Think of how dogs and other animals are bred.

The bible also states that Cain left and married into another family. What other family? This is an entirely different conversation. This is the oldest of old stories. How much of this story has been lost, period. Not just in translation.

Not sure what you mean about disappear. I can explain how that can happen today with our current technology.
I have never seen Jesus portrayed as blond hair blued eyed. Ever! He has always been dark hair dark skinned and dark eyed. FYI, I grew up in the south, in the Bible belt.

The ark story is repeated in several different regions of the world. The world was divided in the old testament and each area given each own language. Each of these areas have their own flood story. Again more translation issues. Every single animal was not on the Ark.. Just the ones needed for a human to survive. He built a floating barn and put a lot of livestock onto it. It was only 40 days. That is not a long time. WE might think it is, but only because we will all die if the grocery store closes. They had the knowledge to survive without a grocery store.

Carbon dating??
First, which version of carbon dating are you referring to.
Second God build the earth in 7 days. How long is a "GOD" day?
Think about it. The first day could have been millions of OUR years. Because the Earth did not exist. Without the Earth our years can not be tracked. The second day God made the earth and the sky, correct? Again, could have taken millions of years.
Lastly, Who says we are the first people he made? Maybe we are his seventh go at it and he did not tell us. Genesis does read this way to me.
While I am at it.
GOD said "let there be light!" and BANG! There was light.

Seems like there are a lot of easy explanations as to how scientist are just trying to make it seem like their explanations don't fit the Bible.
Are they afraid of being held accountable for their actions by a higher power?

At one point cycles were counted with the moon. Not with the sun.
The Mayan calendar is what 25000 days.
I would like someone to show me in any Bible where it says how old anything is. I hear and read people talking about it, but no one will ever show me where it says these supposed ages.

Which Bible are you reading and who translated it? Did they do it correctly or manipulate to meet their desire?
King James strategically had many words changed. The word kill was not/is not in the original ten commandments. I believe the word was murder.
He had it changed to kill to help him control uprisings against his authority. He wanted a monopoly on killing.
Murder is the unlawful killing of another human without justification or valid excuse, especially the unlawful killing of another human being with malice aforethought.

How many missing books are in your version?
How many books are in that version that do not belong in that version?

Many historians and scientists believe that the God of Abraham is the same God as several other religions. Many religions track back to the same place and time and the names translate to versions of Abraham.
Each area has its own copy/version of the Bible written, manipulated and mis-translated sometimes purposely to control the masses. I have examples of this also.

If all religions did the one thing they have in common, WARS would stop.
The point of the Bible is to teach people to get along, PERIOD.

I think it is a great book. Read it sometime. Even if you don't believe it or in it, it sure can be a great guide to dealing with the imperfections in yourself and your neighbor.

gotonudecom

Post by gotonudecom » March 14th, 2019, 8:46 pm

bill wrote:
March 9th, 2019, 3:31 pm
T.B.W wrote:
March 9th, 2019, 3:13 pm
We will all go to hell for our thoughts and actions in this life.
if the Bible is real

then people can repent, accept Jesus and the Holy Spirit, and be saved from eternal damnation
Amen!

gotonudecom

Post by gotonudecom » March 14th, 2019, 8:48 pm

T.B.W wrote:
March 9th, 2019, 3:56 pm
TheButcher wrote:
March 9th, 2019, 3:49 pm

Have you had sex with her?
dude it was insane the first night I met her. And we have connected fast , tomorrow I am going to go to brunch with her and she is bringing her son so we get introduced she was hesitant to tell me but he is gay, I said why is that a problem so are a lot of guys. He's 22 , she has never been married before. I think I found the woman of my dreams, I think she is the one for me.
Good luck, seriously. Awesome for you! Very exciting time you are in. I am almost jealous.
Last edited by gotonudecom on March 14th, 2019, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gotonudecom

Post by gotonudecom » March 14th, 2019, 8:50 pm

bill wrote:
March 9th, 2019, 4:27 pm
well ...if she has a son out of wedlock ... will she go to hell if the bible is right?

she has a gay son ... will he go to hell if the bible is right?

she has sex outside of marriage ... will she go to hell if the bible is right?

at least she's not islamic .... otherwise there's a lot more shit you'll have to deal with

(i know christian and jewish girls who have married islamic males ... and totally regret their decision ... but that's beside the point)
Either peter or paul went around MURDERING people, I forget which one. Either way, they went to Heaven! New Testament, check it out.
Last edited by gotonudecom on March 14th, 2019, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gotonudecom

Post by gotonudecom » March 14th, 2019, 8:54 pm

24alex wrote:
March 11th, 2019, 10:30 am
Billions of people believe in it. Wars are fought because of it, I personally think it is a bunch of crap.
Wars are fought because of mis-teaching (that even a word?) and other BS, we do not fight because of the Bible or any other religion. We fight because men fight. Sure religion is an excuse. In the end it is all hubris.
When you learn the core of several religions you will find that these religions are not the cause of the fighting, they are the cure.

gotonudecom

Post by gotonudecom » March 14th, 2019, 8:58 pm

snapsuch wrote:
I think if you have read my comments so far you might figure out that I have read several versions translated several different ways. I have studied with a man that learn Hebrew and a few other languages and translated some himself. Which completely changed his view of the King James and other English versions and his faith. AKA Screwed him up for a long time.
I have had the privileged of being taught several other religions.
The similarities are remarkable.
Last edited by gotonudecom on March 14th, 2019, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

| FAQ | BANNERS | REFERRAL LINK | CONTACT | SEARCH | ADVERTISE | DIRECTORY | PICS | STORE | CAMS